The following was my answer to this question “Recommended Eclipse plugins to generate UML from Java code” over stackoverflow the question was closed (opinion based) then deleted.
So here is it:
EDIT: If you’re a designer then
I kept a list of some developers and their blogs, scientists, book authors and yesterday, I had my list increased by 20 developers.
And here’s my list
- Martin Fowler
- UML Distilled
- Patterns of Enterprise Application
- BalusC http://stackoverflow.com/users/157882/balusc
- his answers are a must read
- Bruce Schneier
- haven’t read his books yet,
- Cay horstmann http://www.horstmann.com/
- Charles lyons creator of OCEJWCD
- James Gosling creator of java
- Peter Norvig
- AI Modern Approach
- Bjarne Stroustrup
- Programming Principles and practices using C++
- The design and evolution of C++
- Eric Brewer CAP Theory http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/brewer/
- Scott Hanselman http://www.hanselman.com/
- Dominic Williams
- Tom Hawtin http://jroller.com/tackline/
- Stephen R. Bourne
- Author of shell
- David Poole http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
- Jeff Atwood of course http://www.codinghorror.com/
- Doug McCune http://dougmccune.com/
- Nazmul Idris http://developerlife.com/
- His company http://screamingtoaster.com/?page_id=3035
- Editor of WHATWG Ian Hickson and his website: http://www.hixie.ch/
- bill burke bill.burkecentral.com
- author of O’reilly book RESTful java
- also wrote number of good articles over dzone.com jax-rs2.0
- JimWebber Chief Scientist at NeoTechnolog (Neo4j graph database) @jimwebber, http://jimwebber.org/
- +Aslak One of the Arquillian great developers, author of the book Continuous Enterprise Development in Java
Web Design or Scripting
- of course jeffery zeldman http://happycog.com/team
- Jeremey Keith http://adactio.com/about/
- ethan marcotte author of responsive web design http://ethanmarcotte.com/
This article is a call to the community of freelancers to have an ethical opensource standardized freelance organization to aid and protect the whole process.
Law doesn’t protect fools, and I was one of them; But does it have to ?
In all the cities, business providers have been given each and every right to enslave workers or make sure they can when they want to. This for fact has indeed affected the online business of freelancing, because by the time you hear about the facility, the market or mall (i.e Elance, Odesk, etc) the rules already have been changed from those were set by the innocent (hopefully) enterpreneur to those which were made to abide or be biased to the agenda of a business provider aka client to guarantee maximum profits and highest appeal to clients, where ever there’s coal there are coal miners.
I’ve worked in two companies and it was great experience, and I’ve had number of interviews over the past 2 years since I’ve graduated (in 24 company multipled by average 2 meetings per one) all of them are software companies by the way which I consider a good number relative to the number of software houses in Egypt. I made it because I never refused to do an interview whether it’s far or the company website is disgraceful I followed my father advice that it will be good experience and actually It really was helpful but also dreadful sometimes.
I’m not good with facial expressions but I’ve reached a state or you can call it experience to at least know I’m already a base candidate or a subcandidate that interviewer has to meet with to fill the number of interviews held. I’ve also met with Aggressive Go-getter HR managers and